Friday, September 18, 2015

My ELF Lipstick Collection (Part 1)

My Elf Lipstick Collection (Part one)


     Hi guys! This is going to be the first part of a two part review series, (I tried to fit it all into one but it was too much to put into one post with all the swatches.) 
Today I am going to be talking about my E.L.F. (eyes, lips, face) lipstick and lip care collection. Lately, E.L.F. has been getting a lot of recognition from the Youtube beauty community and after hearing about it for the millionth time from one of the many beauty tutorial channels that I am subscribed to, I decided to give it a try. Luckily for me, the day that I decided to make a purchase from E.L.F., they were having a fifty percent off sale, FIFTY PERCENT OFF! Needless to say, this ended up being a good enough excuse for me to justify spending $100 on makeup. I mean, technically I was getting $200 worth of product for only $100, right? Anyway, I ended up purchasing all the colors that were in stock in both their essential lipstick line and their moisturizing lipstick line along with their lip exfoliator and after using them for a few weeks I feel that I am ready to give you guys my opinion on the product.

The ELF Essential line:

I am going to start off with the essential lipstick line. The essential lipstick line usually goes for one dollar but because of the sale I paid fifty cents for each lipstick. The colors that I purchased were in this line were: Flirtatious, Seductive, Sociable, Nostalgic, Posh, Classy, and Fearless. I am going to go through and give you swatches and an individual review of each color but before I begin I wanted to give you all an overall impression of the entire line. I am going to start off by saying that the lipstick swatches much better on the hand than on the lips. On the hand, the colors appear to be very pigmented and even, but on the lips some of the colors do not appear as they do in the tube and can be patchy, or not show up at all. Now, I am not saying that the essential color line is a bad lipstick line, but that you should not expect it to compare to the more expensive lipstick that you have in your collection. You get what you pay for.



The first shade that I want to talk about is Nostalgic:

Nostalgic is a light, pinky nude color. Nostalgic is one of those colors that appear do not appear the same in the tube as they do on the lips. 1/5

            

  The second shade is Classy:

 Classy is a pretty bubble gum pink color. This color appears in the tube the same as it does on the lips. 4/5

             

 The third shade is Flirtatious:

Flirtatious is a Barbie pink color. The only issue that I have with this color is that you have to be careful building it up because it can start to look cakey. 2/5

     

         The fourth shade is Sociable:

Sociable is a true hot pink color. Sociable is one of my favorite colors in the line because it looks exactly like it does in the tube when it’s on the lips. This color is creamy but not cakey. 4/5

 

           The fifth shade is Seductive:

I LOVE this color, it’s a mauve, nude pink. This color is my absolute favorite shade in the line. It is creamy and a little bit sheer. This is an amazing lipstick for such a small price. 5/5

          

    The sixth shade is fearless:

I do not personally like this color. When I first applied this color I was expecting a true red color but the color that shows up on the lips is a dark red pink color. 2/5

        

      The seventh shade is posh:

This is another one of my favorites. Posh is a cool red/pink color and appears on the lips exactly as it does in the tube. 4/5

               

No comments:

Post a Comment